Royal Hackaway v4 is the fourth annual Royal Holloway Computing Society Hackathon, open to students all around the UK and the world. Hackaway exists to promote programming in a teams for anyone at any experience level, by fostering an open environment of positivity and creativity.
All information for this event can be found at http://hackaway.v4.pm/
Requirements to participate
- Currently a student in any level of education, or have graduated within the last 12 months.
- Be 18+, or under with a guardian's consent and supervision.
- Have a team size of <= 5
What to submit?
1. Your hack. This should be a GitHub repository with unsquashed commits. It must have been started after the event started.
2. A video demoing your project, this should be no longer than 5 minutes long. This should be included in your project ReadMe. Provided as a YouTube URL.
3. A writeup in the form of a ReadMe within your project repository. We want to know what your project is, what was your motivation for it, how does it work and how do we run it?
£1,725 in prizes
For the project, we find the most exciting. A combination of factors will go into choosing the winner of this prize. With an expected value of £250 per hacker.
Best Domain Registered with Domain.com
Register a .tech, .space, or .online domain name using Domain.com during the weekend. Each team may submit one entry per person on the team. Each winning team member will receive a PowerSquare Qi Wireless Phone Charger & Domain.com Backpack.
Best use of Google Cloud
Build your hackathon project with a suite of secure storage, powerful compute, and integrated data analytics products provided by Google Cloud. See full list of products here: g.co/cloud. Each winning team member will receive a Google Branded Parkland Academy Backpack.
Best Hardware Hack Sponsored by Digi-Key
Using your preferred hardware or hardware emulator, build a hack for your chance to win a Grove Beginner Kit, with Arduino Uno R3 included. We select two winning teams for this category. Each winning team member will receive a prize!
Best use of DataStax Astra
Apache Cassandra is one of the most widely used database technologies in modern computing with a proven track record of scalability. Just ask Apple, Netflix and eBay. Build a hack using DataStax Astra’s Cassandra-made-easy service and gain in-demand skills along with a chance to win Blue Snowball Microphones for you and your whole team. It’s easy to sign up with 5GB free and no credit card needed. Start becoming a Cassandra expert today!
Build something that’s over-the-top, over-engineered, and held together with Sellotape and bits of string… use your imagination! Winners get a GIANT enter button!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Interesting use of Technology